Bacon & Blue Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Give sweet potatoes the good stuff like pear, bacon, honey and fresh tarragon. If Gorgonzola isn’t your thing, just substitute plain or smoked Gouda. —Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 65 min.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 10 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small ripe pear, peeled and chopped
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and chopped, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, divided
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Preheat oven to 375°. Scrub sweet potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Bake on a foil-lined baking sheet until tender, 45-60 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Cut a thin slice from top of each potato. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in.-thick shells. Mash pulp with butter, honey and seasonings. Stir in pear, 1/3 cup chopped bacon, 1/4 cup cheese, green onions and tarragon. Spoon into shells; return to baking sheet. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until heated through, 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed potato: 388 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 696mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 7g fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Deviled Sweet Potatoes in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016