Bacon-Blue Cheese Stuffed Burgers Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 romaine leaves
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1. Shape beef into eight thin patties. Combine the cream cheese, blue cheese and bacon bits; spoon onto the center of four patties. Top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal. Combine the salt, garlic powder and pepper; sprinkle over patties.
- 2. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Stir in water and mustard.
- 4. Serve burgers on buns with mayonnaise, romaine, tomato and mushroom mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 701 calories, 43g fat (15g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 1280mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 48g protein.
Reviews for Bacon-Blue Cheese Stuffed Burgers
"Excellent! My husband loves these!"
"Delicious! I didn't have cream cheese so I substituted sharp cheddar, and I cooked up some fresh bacon in place of the bacon bits. To make it even easier, I chopped up the mushrooms, sauteed them in the bacon grease, and added them right in with the filling! We'll be making these burgers frequently this summer, I'm sure. Thanks for sharing your recipe!"
"I was surprised my guys liked these. I will make them again though it is pretty rich in fat. It look a lot of burger and the filling was way to much for the four of us so I cut it back a bit (1/2 a package of cream cheese and 1/2 of everything else) We left out the mushrooms and went with grilled onions on top. I wonder how these would be in meatballs with the filling? Also since it was Dec and we in in Oregon we did them in a skillet not on the grill. I had a hard time keeping them from sliding apart in the skillet I can't imagine the grill.."
"This was good but because we have to watch our fat intake this is not something I would go out of my way to make again."
"These burgers were delicious."
"Yum! I didn't add the sauteed mushrooms, but these were definitely a hit!"
"My son and husband love this recipe. It is very rich and delicious. I like to add sauteed onions with the mushrooms."
"Our family would give this one 6 stars if we could. This was perfect recipe for my daughter-in-law Simona for it is an easy recipe to do-ahead. With her busy schedule we prepared the filling and the patties the day before. So on "football day" it was a cinch to put together and hand over to my son Jonathan for grilling while we sauted the mushrooms and got the side dishes ready. I believe the flavors were even better because the flavors mingled all night. Definately a family favorite...sooooo good!"
"An indulgent burger!"
"My husband & boys do not care for mushrooms, so I left that part out, but the burger itself, outstanding!!! Will definitely make it again!"