Bacon-Blue Cheese Stuffed Burgers for Two
These loaded burgers are one hearty meal in a bun. They’re sure to satisfy the biggest appetites. —Christine Keating, Norwalk, California
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 romaine leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- Shape beef into four thin patties. Combine the cream cheese, blue cheese and bacon bits; spoon onto the center of two patties. Top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal. Combine the salt, garlic powder and pepper; sprinkle over patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Stir in water and mustard.
- Serve burgers on buns with mayonnaise, romaine, tomato and mushroom mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 675 calories, 40g fat (13g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 1308mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 48g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Blue Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Burgers with Dijon Mushrooms in Taste of Home August/September 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.