VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 romaine leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- Shape beef into four thin patties. Combine the cream cheese, blue cheese and bacon bits; spoon onto the center of two patties. Top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal. Combine the salt, garlic powder and pepper; sprinkle over patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Stir in water and mustard.
- Serve burgers on buns with mayonnaise, romaine, tomato and mushroom mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Blue Cheese Stuffed Burgers for Two in Taste of Home
Reviews forBacon-Blue Cheese Stuffed Burgers for Two
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2011
"Yum, yum! Delish! The burgers were very flavorful & juicy. My hubby & I really enjoyed them."