Bacon Blue Cheese Mushroom Spinach Salad
I had this salad at a restaurant one night and couldn't stop raving about it. The updated dressing nicely coats the lettuce, while bacon, mushrooms, blue cheese, walnuts and eggs add extra interest.—Dolores Brigham, Inglewood, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Saute mushrooms and onion in drippings. Stir in vinegar.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, walnuts, cheese and bacon; toss with mushroom mixture. Top with egg slices.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 122 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Sauteed Mushroom Spinach Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.