I had this salad at a restaurant one night and couldn't stop raving about it. The updated dressing nicely coats the lettuce, while bacon, mushrooms, blue cheese, walnuts and eggs add extra interest.—Dolores Brigham, Inglewood, California
Recommended: Our Best Bacon Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Saute mushrooms and onion in drippings. Stir in vinegar.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, walnuts, cheese and bacon; toss with mushroom mixture. Top with egg slices. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Spinach Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p22