Bacon Bean Sandwiches
"My mother-in-law first shared this scrumptious open-face sandwich with us, and it's now a favorite around our house," notes Dorothy Klass of Tabor City, North Carolina. "The flavors of the bacon, beans, onion and cheese complement each other wonderfully!"
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 slices bread, lightly toasted
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and drained
- 4 slices onion, separated into rings
- 5 slices process American cheese
- Place toast on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread each slice with 3 tablespoons beans. Top each with two bacon strips, a few onion rings and a cheese slice. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 284 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 883mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.