Bacon Bean Bundles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 16 whole fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 bacon strip, cut in half
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Place beans in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp, about 3 minutes. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Drain beans; place eight beans on each piece of bacon. Wrap bacon around beans and secure with a toothpick. Place in an ungreased shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper; dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 68 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 387mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jul 10, 2017
These are very tasty and makes such a pretty presentation. I will double the recipe next time. My son in law raved about them and he is a picky eater.
Feb 16, 2015
Very tasty. I made these as part of my husband's Valentines Day dinner and he loved them. I would maybe double the recipe next time though because it seemed like such a small amount :)
Feb 25, 2014
Oct 25, 2011
We love this recipe in my home. My husband thought he didn't like green beans until he had them prepared this way.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.