Bacon Avocado Quesadillas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. saute mushrooms in the drippings.
- Spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Place two tortillas, buttered side down, on a griddle or skillet. Top with bacon, mushrooms, cheese, tomato and avocado. Cover with remaining tortillas, buttered side up.
- Cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 722 calories, 56g fat (25g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 960mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Jun 8, 2011
This was my first time making quesadillas. I learned that buttering the tortillas is what makes them so nice and crispy. The only trouble I had was flipping them over.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.