Bacon-Apple Cider Biscuits
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 8 tablespoons cold butter, cubed, divided
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in 7 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add bacon. Stir in cider just until combined.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll into a 10-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cut into eight rectangles. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 251 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 462mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 12, 2012
Following the recipe, mine tasted mostly of cinnamon. They also came out a bit "brick-like"; perhaps they should have baked for 10 - 12 minutes instead of 12 - 15? I will probably try these again but with more bacon, apple pie spice and apple cider in order to balance out all the cinnamon and add a bit more flavor.
Oct 8, 2010
These biscuits have amazing flavor. The combination of savory and sweet is great. You certainly can taste both the apply goodness and the smoky bacon. A big hit.
Mar 19, 2010
This had no flavor! Icky!
Nov 21, 2009
My family loves, loves, loves these slightly different biscuits. The salty and sweet are a perfect match. I love to serve these to company and watch their skepticism turn into delight when they bight into one for the first time.