- 14 bacon strips, diced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook bacon; drain. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons parsley, sugar, garlic powder and pepper to drippings; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Stir in macaroni; heat through, stirring occasionally. Combine cheese and remaining parsley; sprinkle on top. Microwave Directions: In a 2-qt. microwave-safe baking dish, heat bacon on high for 4 minutes; discard fat. Microwave on high 4-5 minutes more or until bacon is crisp. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings; stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons parsley, sugar, garlic powder and pepper. Mix well. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in macaroni; cover and cook on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Combine cheese and remaining parsley; sprinkle on top. This recipe was tested in a 700-watt microwave. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBacon and Macaroni
"My grandmother taught me this recipe. However, we used tomato soup. So goooood, reminds me of my childhood."
"It was a hit in my house! The boys all loved the flavor that the bacon brought to the dish. It was a little on the sweet side from the tomato sauce/paste, but not over whelming. I will be making this again, altough I will be adding some mushrooms, and either some cream cheese or cottage cheese to make the sauce a little bit creamier."