Bacon and Garlic Sugar Snap Peas
This flavorful side dish calls for only four ingredients! Feel free to use fresh sugar snap peas if you'd like. —Tami Kuehl, Loup City, Nebraska
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 bacon strips, coarsely chopped
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
- 1 shallot or small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Cook and stir peas in bacon drippings until heated through. Add shallot and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Sprinkle with reserved bacon.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 126 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Bacon and Garlic Sugar Snaps in Taste of Home October/November 2019