- 2 bacon strips, coarsely chopped
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
- 1 shallot or small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Cook and stir peas in bacon drippings until heated through. Add shallot and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Sprinkle with reserved bacon.
1/2 cup: 126 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.