- 2 cups pancake or biscuit/baking mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 6 to 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place pancake mix in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk the egg milk, sour cream and butter. Stir into pancake mix until blended. Fold in bacon and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Yield: 12 waffles (4-inch square).
Reviews forBacon and Cheese Waffles
"I am giving it 5 stars; however, husband wasn't quite as wild about this recipe as I am. He would give it a 3. When making this again, I actually will use my own waffle mix so husband will like it better. He likes waffles to be made with whole wheat flour and oats to give the waffles more substance. We both liked the added cheese and bacon. I love using my waffle maker so I can add this recipe to the mix."
"Good flavor! However, I substituted two cups whole milk for the 1 cup 2% milk and 1 cup sour cream. I used 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, I used cooking spray on my non-stick waffle iron and it did not stick to it. But the bacon bits add zip to the dish."
"There is a restaurant in the town where I live that has been making these for as long as they have been in business - well over 30 years. And I make them too. I have found that using sliced cheese works better for me. When I use shredded cheese it tends to stick to the waffle iron - even using cooking spray. These are wonderful!"
"Excellent taste using nothing more than biscuit mix or any other pancake mix. The addition of sour cream makes these just a bit tangy much like buttermilk pancakes. The amount of bacon was spot on. The cheddar amount was good, but I'll reduce it down to 2/3 C next time. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe."