Bacon and Cheddar Whipped Potatoes
Bacon and cheese are an easy way to add zest to mashed potatoes. These go so well with practically any main dish, from weeknight chicken to a party spread. —Rebekah Beyer, Sabetha, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 medium red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain; transfer to a large bowl. Beat in next six ingredients until blended. Stir in cheese and bacon.