This area of Maryland is considered "poultry country", so we see a lot of recipes calling for chicken. I hope this recipe becomes as popular in your home as it is in mine!
Recommended: Our Best Bacon Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds), skin removed
- 1 cup chunky blue cheese salad dressing
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, combine onion, parsley, basil and poppy seeds; rub over chicken. Place in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Pour dressing over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon. Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Bacon and Blue Cheese Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p60
Reviews forBacon and Blue Cheese Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2010 Edited Feb. 24, 2017
"Simple, out of this world, great."