Bacon and Asparagus Frittata Recipe
- 12 ounces bacon
- 2 cups sliced fresh asparagus (cut in 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In a 9- or 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat reserved drippings on medium-high. Add asparagus, onion and garlic; saute until onion is tender. Crumble bacon and set aside about a third for the topping. In a large bowl, combine remaining bacon, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into skillet; stir. Top with tomato slices, cheese and remaining bacon. Cover and cook over medium-low until eggs are nearly set, for 10-15 minutes. Preheat broiler; place skillet 6 in. from heat. Broil until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Test Kitchen tip
1 piece: 344 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 351mg cholesterol, 738mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Bacon and Asparagus Frittata
"Delicious. Just what I wanted. I followed the recipe closely but added sauteed red pepper and jalepeno for a kick."