Especially during the summertime, this makes a nice light meal. When I prepare it for guests, I'll also serve rice and bread—it's quick and easy, but it always wins me many compliments! I'm a homemaker with two small children, and cooking's one of my favorite hobbies.
Recommended: 40+ Satisfying Low-Carb Breakfasts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 ounces Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- 2 cups sliced fresh asparagus (cut in 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In a 9-in. or 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat reserved drippings on medium-high. Add asparagus, onion and garlic; saute until onion is tender. Crumble bacon and set aside about a third for the topping. In a large bowl, combine remaining bacon, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into skillet; stir. Top with tomato slices, cheese and remaining bacon. Cover and cook over medium-low for 10-15 minutes or until eggs are nearly set. Preheat broiler; place skillet 6 in. from heat for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bacon and Asparagus Frittata in Country Woman March/April 1991, p33
Reviews forBacon and Asparagus Frittata
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 6, 2015
"Delicious. Just what I wanted. I followed the recipe closely but added sauteed red pepper and jalepeno for a kick."