- 12 ounces bacon
- 2 cups sliced fresh asparagus (cut in 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In a 9- or 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat reserved drippings on medium-high. Add asparagus, onion and garlic; saute until onion is tender. Crumble bacon; set aside a third.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining bacon, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet; stir. Top with tomato, cheese and reserved bacon. Cover and cook over medium-low until eggs are nearly set, 10-15 minutes. Preheat broiler; place skillet 6 in. from heat. Broil until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBacon and Asparagus Frittata
"Delicious. Just what I wanted. I followed the recipe closely but added sauteed red pepper and jalepeno for a kick."