Bacon-Almond Green Beans Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 to 5 tablespoons real bacon bits
- 4 to 5 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved.
- 3. Drain beans; add to the skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with bacon and almonds; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 149 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 352mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Bacon-Almond Green Beans
"So easy and so tasty. A great side dish for any meal."
"Recipe is delicious! Left the bacon out just because I didn't have any and I didn't miss it at all."
"This recipe is excellent, the sauce is outstanding!"
"Yes, will definitely be making green beans like this a lot! This was sweet and crunchy -- my 3.5 year old loved them!"
"The sauce is great and what a great way to use the abundance of garden beans this season. You know when the husband comes for a second helping of veggies then this recipe is a keeper. I fried bacon strips and crumbled to top the beans because I didn't have bacon bits on hand. Will most likely use real bacon next time as well."
"This is a great recipe. My husband totally loved them and even raved the next day! I substituted peanuts instead of the almonds, and they are fantastic. This will definitely go on my fave list."
"Excellent! Made them when my fam came over and everyone loved them. Make extra - everyone will want seconds. I might decrease the Worcestershire next time - although my DH like them as is LOL - cooks preference I say! :)"
"These were very good. I loved the sauce."
"My family loved it!"
"This is my very favorite green bean recipe. I steam rather than boil the beans, but the sweet-savory flavor of the sauce is just delicious."