Bacon Alfredo Pasta in a Jar
Frankly, this is just...yum. I captured my favorite summery pasta in a jar. So delicious. So simple. Tip it all into a bowl and enjoy!—Keri Whitney, Castro Valley, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups cooked penne pasta
- 1 cup refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 1 jar (8 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 6 ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon strips, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In each of four 1-pint wide-mouth canning jars, divide and layer ingredients in the following order: pasta, Alfredo sauce, red pepper, peas, bacon, basil and Parmesan cheese. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Transfer into microwave-safe bowls; toss to combine. Microwave until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 488 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 787mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Bacon Alfredo Pasta in a Jar in Make & Take Cookbook Bookazine 2018