- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 ounces uncooked medium shell pasta
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until broccoli and carrots are tender.
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In the drippings, saute the mushrooms, green pepper, onion and garlic until tender; add to tomato mixture and heat through. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and place in a serving bowl; top with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with bacon and Parmesan cheese. Yield: 13 servings.
Reviews forBacon 'n' Veggie Pasta
"Very good. Next time will use less pasta."
"This was pretty good. The calories were low enough to allow for a double serving as a single serving would not be filling enough on its own. We were also able to alter the recipe for my daughter who is vegan only needing to change out the bacon & cheese on her serving."