Salsa perks up the flavor of this twist on a classic breakfast combo. "This recipe can easily be divided to serve a few or doubled to serve a crowd," notes Wendy Matejek of Corpus Christi, Texas. "Just plan to use one egg for each taco."
Recommended: Top 10 Tater Tot Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 slices process American cheese, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Salsa, optional
- In a bowl, beat the egg; add bacon. melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until the eggs are completely set. Stir in the cheese, salt and pepper. Spoon 1/4 cup down the center of each tortilla; fold sides over filling. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bacon 'N' Egg Tacos in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p11