Bacon 'n' Egg Gravy Recipe
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- 1. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Stir flour into the drippings until blended; cook over medium heat until browned, stirring constantly. Gradually add water and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add bacon, eggs, salt and pepper. Serve over toast. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 934 calories, 61g fat (26g saturated fat), 424mg cholesterol, 1030mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Bacon 'n' Egg Gravy
"used regular milk......couldn't afford the calorie count often - but, for a treat - I'll do it again! Thanks"