- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1 cup frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Sour cream and chopped tomatoes, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute potatoes and onions in drippings until potatoes are golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and sour cream. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese, taco sauce and hot pepper sauce. Pour over potato mixture; add bacon. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup down the center of each tortilla; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling. Serve immediately with sour cream and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBacon 'n' Egg Burritos
"Yum! These were extremely easy to make and so delicious! I will definitely save this recipe to make again."
"I agree with Mrs.EBDarcy who rated this 3/5 and called it average. It's not bad which is awesome, but it's missing something special to take it over the top mouth watering good which is disappointing. To revise in the future, what I don't like are the hash browns. It probably is me just not being as great of a hash brown fan as others. Or maybe at the time I made this I had on stock poor tasting hash browns. But it just seems to weigh the burrito down for little purpose other than filler. Not to mention it makes cooking and cleaning and eating a total mess. Not that I mind that as you're probably cooking bacon anyway unless you use a short cut Mrs_T provides, but I still prefer real bacon over the tiny bits. For the comment I made that this seems average alone, it's also an easy fix to jazz up. Use different types of tortilla. I used one more today with this recipe having a cheddar style and that made it better than normal. I put some salsa on mine instead of using hot sauce. You can probably try different kinds of cheese, maybe the pepper jack kind. For fruit/veggie lovers, this recipe cries out for use of them. Maybe the secret ingredients that would make this sing would involve a special fruit/vegetable combo with the bacon, like for example, I may try this next time using cut green beans instead of the hash browns. But a solid guideline for a basic breakfast burrito without sausage which is cool for folks who don't have that available at the moment, or prefer having a burrito with bacon over sausage."
"this recipe was tasty and I would make it again. It was not anything special or above average though. A good simple food for a Sunday morning without guests."
"We really liked these burritos a lot. They were a lot easier than I expected. The only change I made was to use real bacon bits instead of frying bacon. I used butter instead of bacon fat. It's hard to imagine these could be any more tasty using the fried bacon and reserved fat. We all enjoyed them and I will definitely be making them again."
"I made this recipe last week. It was easy to make and excellent to eat. My husband and I don't care for sour cream, so I just used more shredded cheese and hash browns. It did make more than we could eat at one setting, so next time I will use less eggs."