Bacon, Cremini & Brie Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello (cremini) mushrooms
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, sliced
- Chopped fresh chives, optional
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Rub potato skins with oil; sprinkle with salt. Bake at 400° for 50-60 minutes or until tender.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute mushrooms in the drippings.
- Cut a 2-in. "X" in tops of potatoes; insert cheese slices. Top with mushrooms, bacon and chives.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 511 calories, 32g fat (13g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 781mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
May 23, 2015
My favorite baked potato recipe!
Jan 20, 2012
Yes, this is a keeper. Glad I tried it.
Jan 12, 2012
Jan 12, 2012
Ohhh yeah! YUM! I cut this recipe down to 1 potato & the fixings for me for lunch. I may give my potato a sprinkle of garlic powder and a dab of butter before adding the cheese, mushrooms & bacon. I can't wait to eat! Thanks for sharing!!!
Jan 23, 2011
I happened to have some leftover brie, so I decided to make this recipe and boy, am I glad I did! It was delicious and my husband commented on how good the potatoes were at least three times. I left out the cremini mushrooms because we don't like them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.