Bacon & Tomato-Topped Haddock
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 5 haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Add onion and garlic; cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in bread crumbs, tomatoes and parsley. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spread oil and butter in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Place fillets in pan. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with salt. Top with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 405 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 514mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein.
Jun 15, 2018
Perfect. Had this with cod, and the ingredients and method were spot-on. We both really enjoyed this, and I'll be making it again for sure.
Aug 1, 2017
This was excellent! My husband and I enjoyed this very much.
Jan 20, 2014
solo puedo describirlo como rico,sabroso y nutritivo.Todo un exito
Dec 19, 2012
made this for dinner tonight and it came out awesome. made it just as written but added 3 garlic cloves instead of 1 and a little extra lemon juice. everyone ate it up no leftovers! very good. defiantly a keeper. would try this breadcrumb mix on chicken too.
Jan 28, 2012
Made this dish for dinner last night and it was excellent. Made this a written with the exception of adding some Parmesan cheese to the breadcrumb mixture. It also makes a nice presentation for company. Will be making again.
Sep 24, 2011
I think this recipe is wonderful just the way it is. The bacon didn't taste overwhelming at all. A great blend between onion,bacon,and garlic!
Aug 31, 2011
The only modifications I made to this recipe were to halve the topping ingredients since I only had two haddock fillets.This recipe is absolutely delicious. If you are a true fish lover however, this may not be your favorite - the bacon flavor is stronger than the fish flavor. But who doesn't love a little bacon??!!
Aug 14, 2011
Excellent! Even my son who doesn't like fish said he would eat it again. My store didn't have any haddock, so I replaced it with cod.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.