- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard and honey. Pound chicken with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle chicken with steak seasoning. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Top with cheese during the last 1 minute of cooking.
- Grill buns over medium heat, cut side down, for 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve chicken on buns with bacon, mayonnaise mixture and, if desired, lettuce and tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBacon & Swiss Chicken Sandwiches
"I made this as-written, except with turkey bacon, and it was good."
"This is one of the best chicken sandwiches I've ever eaten. Only alteration I made was to add some sauteed mushrooms."
"This recipe uses the most basic ingredients, but it is so unbelievably delicious. I'll be grilling these up all summer. I subbed cheddar just as a personal preference, and added a little more bacon (because there's no such thing as too much bacon)!"
"This is a very tasty recipe!. The sauce is so tangy and delicious! It was a hit with the whole family!"
"I used Kaiser rolls which fit the Purdue perfect portion chicken breasts that I used nicely."