Bacon & Sausage Stuffing
This recipe was inspired by my mother's stuffing recipe. It smells like heaven while you're making it, and people can never seem to get enough. —Scott Rugh, Portland, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 4 hours + standing
Makes20 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 pound thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 10-1/2 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons dried sage leaves
- 4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 6 eggs
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups chicken stock
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings.
- Add bacon to pan; cook over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Discard drippings. Wipe out pan. In same pan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine stuffing cubes, sausage, bacon, onion mixture, mushrooms, parsley, sage and thyme. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, soup and stock; pour over stuffing mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 6-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove lid; let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Originally published as Sausage, Bacon Stuffing in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.