Bacon & Rosemary Chicken for Two
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 bacon strips, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Flatten chicken breasts slightly; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken breasts, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Cook chicken in butter and reserved drippings for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the garlic, rosemary and pepper flakes to the skillet; cook for 1 minute. Add broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced by half. Return chicken and bacon to skillet; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 313 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 756mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein.
Jul 16, 2012
We enjoyed this meal. Since I was planning to serve the chicken over angel hair pasta, I needed more pan sauce. I added some white wine and allowed it to reduce before adding a little butter at the end. Next time I'll put in more fresh rosemary.
Feb 18, 2012
sauce is excellent. will make it again.
Feb 11, 2012
Made this last night & my husband and I loved it! So easy. Didn't have real bacon so instead of frying up bacon pieces, I just added real bacon bits at the end - worked great!! I made this with chicken tenders & was perfect. Will make this again & again!
Feb 11, 2012
Skipped the salt, pepper, flour, butter, and broth. Used the other ingredients, but did the chicken in the oven with extra lemon juice instead. Delicious and much healthier.
Feb 10, 2012
this was extremely easy, and my husband and I both love it! it's perfect for eating low-carb because there's hardly any flour - you could even omit it if you really had to. definitely will make again! :)
Oct 19, 2011
My family loved this. I prepared exactly as instructed.
Jan 22, 2011
my husband who prefers beef over chicken would eat this again . the chicken was moist and very good
Nov 17, 2010
Oops, fourth cup of broth and fourth cup of wine. :)
Nov 17, 2010
Let me start off by saying that I didn't make this exactly as the recipe stated. Pretty close though. I added a couple of quartered baby portabello mushrooms while sauteeing the bacon. Aslo, instead of the full cup of broth, I did a half cup of broth and half a cup of dry white wine. I'm not a huge fan of chicken anymore (having eaten way too much of it growing up and while I was learning to cook for two instead of eight), but I really enjoyed this.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.