- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pound chicken breasts slightly with a meat mallet to uniform thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons in pan. Cook chicken in butter and reserved drippings 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add garlic, rosemary and pepper flakes to skillet; cook and stir 1 minute. Add broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced by half. Return chicken and bacon to skillet; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBacon & Rosemary Chicken
"Oh wow this is so good!!! The chicken was moist and tender. The flavor from the lemon and rosemary was perfect. Nothing was over done on the seasoning. This is company worthy!!"
"We love this in our home!"
"Excellent!! Didn't have lemons or lemon juice so had to subsitute lime juice. It was so good not sure if I want to use the lemon next time! And there will be a next time! This was delicious!"
"Amazing. This is the best recipe. Don't change anything. Very easy."
"This was delicious! I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts. Followed the rest of the recipe exactly. I probably put in too much red pepper flakes because it had a kick to it. But my family loved it. Will definitely make again."
"This was easy and a big hit in our house. I did not use the flour. I will be making this again. I really enjoyed the bacon with the lemon and rosemary flavors ."
"Great recipe! It makes for a delicious meal that is simple to make."
"Just another chicken recipe. Not much flavor."