- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pound chicken breasts slightly with a meat mallet to uniform thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons in pan. Cook chicken in butter and reserved drippings 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add garlic, rosemary and pepper flakes to skillet; cook and stir 1 minute. Add broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced by half. Return chicken and bacon to skillet; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBacon & Rosemary Chicken
"We love this in our home!"
"Excellent!! Didn't have lemons or lemon juice so had to subsitute lime juice. It was so good not sure if I want to use the lemon next time! And there will be a next time! This was delicious!"
"Amazing. This is the best recipe. Don't change anything. Very easy."
"This was delicious! I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts. Followed the rest of the recipe exactly. I probably put in too much red pepper flakes because it had a kick to it. But my family loved it. Will definitely make again."
"This was easy and a big hit in our house. I did not use the flour. I will be making this again. I really enjoyed the bacon with the lemon and rosemary flavors ."
"Great recipe! It makes for a delicious meal that is simple to make."
"Just another chicken recipe. Not much flavor."
"this was good and I would make it again. Did not do the first step at all or add any flour. What I did do was put the all the ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hrs. Also cut the amount of rosemary in half ."