Bacon & Egg Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min. + chilling
- 6 cups cubed red potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 3 to 5 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add the eggs, onion, bacon and parsley. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, relish, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and seasonings. Pour over potato mixture and toss gently to coat. Refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 348 calories, 26g fat (4g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 472mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 22, 2016
The only change I made was no relish.............. Delish!!
Apr 12, 2015
Super simple and perfect for summer cookouts. LOVE the bacon so much I added extra!
Sep 30, 2014
My new go-to potato salad. Delish!
Aug 31, 2014
Just made it for our neighborhood progressive party. It was a big hit and there were no leftovers in sight.
Jul 4, 2014
Nov 29, 2013
Outstanding potato salad -- excellent texture, just enough variety, and appropriate proportion of flavors. Received rave reviews at Thanksgiving. My husband wanted a bit more tang, perhaps by adding paprika, so I will try that next time.
Aug 9, 2013
This is a really great potato salad recipe. I omit the onion and add a little celery instead. I used fresh dill and parsley, yummy!
Aug 1, 2013
Had to make something for a pot luck and since I had a ton of potatoes decided to make this. There was one other potato salad on the table next to mine. At the end of the line, mine was gone and the other dish was still half full. It was a hit and I got compliments! I used 3 T. of mustard and would cut it to 2 T. next time because, although everyone else loved the dish and it was good, I am just not a big fan of mustard.
Jul 5, 2013
Husband is picky on potato salad and he LOVED this one. Usually he likes sweet versions so I was surprised he was impressed. I will have to remember to get redskins just for this recipe; I think they make a better salad.
Jun 26, 2011
I thought it was a little "tangy" and love foods with heat so I added 2 diced jalepenos and 1/2 tsp white pepper - perfect balance!