I ordered this salad at a restaurant. The kitchen staff wouldn't share the salad dressing recipe, so I created my own. It took several tries, using different spices and vinegars, but this is close. Adding the bacon was my idea.
Recommended: Our Best Bacon Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 10 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 7-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup salad croutons
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, bacon, onions, cheeses and pimientos.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, cider, sugar, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with croutons. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bacon & Cheese Salad in Reminisce April/May 2010, p50