- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 350°. In an ovenproof skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels; reserve drippings.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In same pan, brown chicken in drippings over medium heat, 3-4 minutes per side. Brush with 1/3 cup barbecue sauce. Transfer to oven; bake 8 minutes.
- Spoon remaining sauce over chicken; sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Bake until cheese is melted and a thermometer reads 165°, 4-6 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBacon & Cheddar Chicken
"We loved this! I subbed dried chives for the green onions, and cooked it on an indoor grill/press. Fast and delicious."
"Complete and total hit with the family. The flavor combination is amazing. I had everything on hand but the green onions so I used parsley. It was a quick meal for a weeknight too. I used kitchen shears to cut up the bacon. Easily adjustable for more or less servings. I cooked a couple more slices of bacon because more bacon is always better.Volunteer Field Editor"
"Loved how quickly this came together and it was delicious! Sides can dress it up or down , and our son wants to make it as a sandwich next time. Definitely making again."
"A definite keeper! Great combination of flavors, and the chicken was amazingly juicy and tender. On-hand ingredients, 30 minute cook time, all done in one cast iron skillet = big win! This is perfect for those "too tired" days or for unexpected guests."
"Juicy, flavorful, and oh-so-simple. This is easy enough for a weeknight but nice enough for company. It comes together quickly and uses pantry/refrigerated staples. We'll be making this recipe again soon!"
"There being just me, and this doesn't seem to be a recipe that would be successful unless it is fresh from the oven, I cut it down to just one chicken breast, and used all the ingredients listed, except for the green onions, only because I didn't have any. THIS IS A WONDERFUL WAY TO MAKE AN OUTSTANDING chicken dinner."