Give sweet potatoes the good stuff like pear, bacon, honey and fresh tarragon. If Gorgonzola isn’t your thing, swap in plain or smoked Gouda. —Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
Recommended: Our Best Bacon Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 10 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small ripe pear, peeled and chopped
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and chopped, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, divided
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Preheat oven to 375°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Bake on a foil-lined baking sheet until tender, 45-60 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Cut a thin slice from top of each potato. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in.-thick shells. Mash pulp with butter, honey and seasonings. Stir in pear, 1/3 cup chopped bacon, 1/4 cup cheese, green onions and tarragon. Spoon into shells; return to pan. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until heated through, 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bacon & Blue Stuffed Sweet Potatoes in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016