- 1 pound semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups honey bear-shaped crackers
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 1 minute longer in 20-second intervals until melted; stir until smooth.
- Spread to 1/4-in. thickness on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle crackers, marshmallows and peanuts over chocolate; press in lightly.
- Chill until firm. Break or cut into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.
Reviews forBackwoods Bonfire Bark
"I made this bark yesterday for the first time!I used these Make & Mold chocolate candy wafers instead of the semi-sweet chocolate. For me that worked well-I used a 14-oz. package. I did used the honey bear-shaped crackers (graham crackers), miniature marshmallows (I used 1 cup instead) and the dry roasted peanuts for this bark. I used a double boiler to melt the chocolate-I admit that I prefer to do that so that I can keep an eye on the chocolate mixture. I lined the baking sheet with waxed paper-(a baking sheet with a ledge)and spread the melted chocolate out in prepared pan and added the bear grahamies,marshmmallows and peanuts!Then I chilled the entire mixture! I sampledthe bark and it was very tasty! I'll definitely keep this recipe in mind for holidays or when I just feel like making some quick candy treats! I've also learned that when it's a hot day-keep candy chilled until ready to break apart and keep in thecontainer in refrigerator so that candy doesn't melt! Thank you for sharing this recipe! delowenstein"
"Might be good to add peanut butter or use reeses peanut butter cups!"