Bachelor's Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons each dried basil, oregano and parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried marjoram, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- Dash pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, soy sauce and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through. Discard bay leaves. Serve over spaghetti. Yield: 7 cups.
Buy a pair of tweezers and keep it in your kitchen drawer. Use it to easily remove bay leaves from sauces and soups.
3/4 cup: 130 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 522mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Bachelor's Spaghetti Sauce
"<p>I prepared this recipe exactly as written except that I substituted 2 28 oz. cans of San Marzano tomatoes for the paste, eliminated the 1 cup of water and provided a bowl of parmesan cheese for sprinkling. This is one terrific recipe.</p>"
"Its great ..."
"It is a really good sauce though I added some lemon juice and quite a few more spices, but overall very satisfying."