Bachelor’s Spaghetti Sauce
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons each dried basil, oregano and parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried marjoram, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- Dash pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet, cook beef, mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, soy sauce and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through. Discard bay leaves. Serve over spaghetti.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 130 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 522mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 26, 2012
<p>I prepared this recipe exactly as written except that I substituted 2 28 oz. cans of San Marzano tomatoes for the paste, eliminated the 1 cup of water and provided a bowl of parmesan cheese for sprinkling. This is one terrific recipe.</p>
Jun 16, 2010
Its great ...
Sep 26, 2008
It is a really good sauce though I added some lemon juice and quite a few more spices, but overall very satisfying.