Baby Shower Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pink and blue colored sugar
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg; beat well. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into small hands and feet or desired shapes. Place on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 3. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
2 each: 134 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Baby Shower Sugar Cookies
"These are the best cut out cookies. Everyone in my family loved these so much we all threw out our old cut out recipes. We love the almond flavor and the dough is always easy to work with. You don't even need to chill the entire two hours and it will still roll out great. Excellent!"