Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 14 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (50 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup grape jelly
- 2 tablespoons each garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 dozen sandwich buns, split
- In two Dutch ovens or stockpots, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Combine the tomato soup, tomatoes, barbecue sauce, jelly, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, pepper and mustard; stir half into each pan.
- Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until thickened and heated through. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 236 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 5, 2012
Remember this serves 54-66 people. Cut recipe in half, then half it again for a more family friendly amount! This sounds so good!
Jan 28, 2011
14 pounds of ground beef...really?