Baby Orange Babas Recipe
These syrup-soaked cakes are made by using a muffin pan for individual-sized servings. For an interesting flavor variation, drizzle your babas with syrup made from lemon or lime juice and grated peel.—Gail Hutton, Bremerton, Washington
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- Whipped topping and maraschino cherries
- 1. Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, orange juice and orange peel. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- 3. Invert cupcakes onto a platter; immediately drizzle with hot orange syrup. Freeze for 10 minutes. Serve with whipped topping and cherries. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Baby Orange Babas
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC