Baby Orange Babas
These syrup-soaked cakes are made by using a muffin pan for individual-sized servings. For an interesting flavor variation, drizzle your babas with syrup made from lemon or lime juice and grated peel.—Gail Hutton, Bremerton, Washington
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- Whipped topping and maraschino cherries
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, orange juice and orange zest. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Invert cupcakes onto a platter; immediately drizzle with hot orange syrup. Freeze for 10 minutes. Serve with whipped topping and cherries.