- 1 package (16 ounces) baby carrots
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place carrots in a steamer basket over 1 in. of boiling water in a saucepan. Cover and steam for 12-14 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan; cook and stir over medium-low heat until heated through (do not boil). Drain carrots; add sauce and toss to coat.
3/4 cup: 110 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.