- 2-1/2 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into eight pieces
- 5 cups water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Place the ribs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the water, onion, celery, 1 teaspoon garlic and peppercorns. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small saucepan, combine the barbecue sauce, plum sauce, hot pepper sauce and remaining garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove ribs. Discard cooking juices and vegetables.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Brush ribs with sauce. Grill, covered, over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned, turning and basting occasionally with remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBaby Back Ribs
"omg, never use a slow cooker for ribs, geezus. All you'll get is soup. Instead, salt and pepper both sides, double wrap them in aluminum foil and bake 3.5 hrs at 275 degrees. If you want barbecue sauce on them, then slather them (after cooking) with any type of sauce and broil for 2 minutes. Then turn them over and slather more sauce and broil again for 2 min. Again, NEVER us a gd slow cooker for ribs, geezus."
"Simple and tasty!"
"My husband usually does the ribs so I was pleasantly surprised how easy it is to make these. The flavor was wonderful too."
"Yes, I would make this recipe again. It was so easy and so good!!"
"Yes, I have used this recipe before and it is great. Sometimes I change and put it on the grill first to brown and get the BBQ flavor, then put it in the slow cooker."
"So easy and the end result is meat so tender it falls off of the bone."