Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small yellow squash, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onions in oil until almost tender. Add the squash, beans and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, stirring often Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 85 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Sep 22, 2015
Very good, quick, simple.
Jul 26, 2014
Very good and lots of different veggies. You could serve this with a lot of meals!!
Oct 9, 2011
This was an excellent dish with alot of flavor. I used diced tomatoes with green chiles and served it with boneless ribs and steamed basmati rice. It had some nice heat. I will definitely turn to this recipe when I have zucchini and summer squash to use. I loved the combination with corn and green peppers, and it was super easy to prepare. Thanks TOH for another great recipe!
Jan 29, 2010
Easy, tasty, and this dish goes with a variety of main dishes, especially southwestern and Mexican, but also southern.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.