- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small yellow squash, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onions in oil until almost tender. Add the squash, beans and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, stirring often Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally or until heated through.
1 each: 85 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.