Avocado Tangerine Salad
This perky orange and green salad is drizzled with a tangy mustard dressing. It's so quick and easy, yet good, that it great for a weeknight dinner or a company meal.—Francis Garland, Anniston, Alabama
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- 4 tangerines, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Divide salad greens among eight plates. Slice avocados; arrange avocados and tangerines over greens. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 salad: 273 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Avocado and Tangerine Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.