- 1-2/3 cups (about 8-1/4 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- Tortilla chips
- Combine corn, olives, red pepper and onion. In another bowl, mix the next seven ingredients. Pour over corn mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Just before serving, chop avocados; stir into salsa. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: about 7 cups.
Reviews forAvocado Salsa
"Absolutely delicious! I use a red onion when making this recipe. I make this often and I'm always asked for the recipe! It's as eye appealing as it is delicious. Thanks for sharing!"
"This was an excellent recipe! easy to make and tastes great! I left out the olives because I'm not a fan. I was thinking about adding black beans next time."
"I simply love this recipe. Every time I have the desire for something fresh and healthy for dinner, I prepare this salsa for dinner together with a nice piece of meat. It's a big hit with friends as a snack with tortilla chips. There is no need to change it because it's perfect as it is but sometimes I don't have everything at home or something is left so I change a little bit and that's great, too. But the avocado, garlic and oregano are musts!"
"This has been a go to recipe for me for years and anyone who likes avocados loves it. Why do so many people think that they have to change the recipe to rate it. It is delicious just as is. When you change it you are not really rating that recipe."
"Used this recipe for a family get together. It was hit and miss. I made the recipe as is.... which is something I rarely do. LOL! Next time I will tweak it with different seasonings and using lime juice instead of the vinegar. I think this has potential."
"Absolutely wonderful but I used Lime juice and yes added fresh cilantro"
"Served this at a shower and everyone loved it and wanted the recipe. Try it and you'll be hooked!"
"LOVED this recipe! Added black beans, cilantro and tomatoes and it was delicious, easy and crowd pleasing will definitely make again!"