Avocado Pineapple Salsa
This colorful salsa developed by our home economists features the leaves of lovage, which is an aromatic perennial herb. Sweet pineapple balances perfectly with tart lime.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and diced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 5 lovage or celery leaves, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 29 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Avocado Pineapple Salsa in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.