Avocado-Peach Spinach Salad
As colorful as a fall afternoon, this peachy and refreshing salad always brings her compliments, writes Mary Ann Dell from her home in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania. TIP: You can substitute nectarines and leaf lettuce for the peaches and spinach…it’s still fabulous, says Mary Ann.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime zest
- Dash salt
- Dash ground mustard
- 1-1/2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small peach, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients; shake well. Divide spinach between two salad plates; top with tomatoes, peach and avocado. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 241 calories, 22g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Sesame Salad Toss in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006