Avocado Orange Salad
My mom passed this recipe on to me. It's a longtime family favorite. The tangy oranges, crisp lettuce and mellow flavor of the avocado are terrific together.—Catherine Shelton, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- CITRUS DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- On two salad plates, arrange the greens, orange, avocado and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salads.