Avocado Malibu Salad
One of the first things I learned when I moved here from Oregon was to make light salads like this. They're practical, easy and delicious.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup frozen or canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 2 large avocados, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Lettuce leaves
- Red grapes, optional
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, curry powder and salt. Add the chicken, pineapple, green pepper, crab and pimientos. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Just before serving, toss avocados with lemon juice. Place avocados and crab mixture on lettuce. Garnish with grapes if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 283 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Avocado Malibu Salad in Country Extra March 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.