Avocado Malibu Salad
One of the first things I learned when I moved here from Oregon was to make light salads like this. They're practical, easy and delicious.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup frozen or canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 2 large avocados, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Lettuce leaves
- Red grapes, optional
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, curry powder and salt. Add the chicken, pineapple, green pepper, crab and pimientos. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Just before serving, toss avocados with lemon juice. Place avocados and crab mixture on lettuce. Garnish with grapes if desired.